Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome, New Year



This is my latest work in progress. I packed away "The Merriest" until next Christmas season, and wanted to put together something new--quickly--for the new year. I plopped down on the floor of my quilt room to run through patterns and found a long-ago purchased one from Little Quilts with a bunch of letters. I thought about spelling out "Welcome" but didn't want a longish banner. Then, I realized I could arrange the letters in a folky nine-patch with some fillers. By the way, the four patch fillers you see here aren't yet sewn, so don't fret about my seam matching ability. I just laid the whole thing out to see if the colors worked. I tried out about 10 different borders before deciding to split the difference and will go with "L"s of the two I liked the most. I really do like the way this is turning out; it looks just odd enough to have character. Currently, it's only arranged on my ironing board, and I hope to have it all finished by the weekend. Welcome, new year . . . just two days in, I'm already too busy for you but am willing to give it a go if you are :)

5 comments:

Carol E. said...

Love it! I split up the word "Welcome" also and won 2nd prize at the county fair. :-)

Angie said...

I love it!! What a cute, creative way to make up that pattern. :)

Helen said...

Very nice! I still love the country look and the Little Quilts ladies are some of my favourite designers. I have a couple of their books and several patterns (still to be made up!)

Patti said...

Very cute idea. I love the Little Quilts ladies stuff! What a great new project for the new year.

1chartfp@comcast.net

Julie said...

This is really pretty.