Friday, July 25, 2008

Fluttering By

I just got the beautiful summer Four Seasons Quilt Swap quilt sent by Bea. You can see her lovely work at Capricorn Quilts. Bea lives in Germany, and she kindly included some genuine German gummi bears for my children (who have already gobbled them up!).

Here's the quilt--with bright, cheerful butterflies floating through the summer:



Now, here's the odd part. After taking this photo on the patio, I followed my dog to the back part of the yard. And, for the first time I can recall in the three years we've lived here, I saw a real butterfly on one of our flowering trees. I had my iPhone with me from taking the quilt pictures, so I immediately snapped several of the butterfly:





Clearly, it was attracted by Bea's quilt. It even posed like one of her butterflies:



Thank you, Bea, for such a summery quilt!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Great pictures, especially from a phone. Very cute quilt.

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

We grabbed our butterfly book and it looks like a:

Two-tailed Tiger Swallowtail

Try to say that 5 times fast!

Dionne said...

I love the quilt Bea sent you, wonderful, bright vibrant colors. And the butterfly pics are great. I love random happenings like that... reminds us how wonderful this world is!
Cheers!

Sharon said...

Wow gorgeous butterflies. As I search for patterns with butterflies this one came into view. Your work is lovely.